Monday, January 23, 2012

Skillet Stir-Fry

Make some rice.  Whatever you like.  I found some long grain brown JASMINE rice today!!!  Score!!  I threw mine into my pressure cooker, but whatever your thing is...cook some rice...

Okay, take some lean sliced beef or some jerky cut deer meat, about 1-2 pounds, cook it in your largest skillet. (I had to make two skillet-fulls for my 2 pounds today)  You can spray some olive oil in the skillet or just cook it in a non-stick...  Get it cooked until there is the tiniest bit of pink showing in the centers...

Mix up:
1 cup of organic tamari or soy sauce
1/2 can of beef stock, maybe 3/4 of a cup?
about 1/4-1/2 teasp of fresh ground pepper
about 1/4-3/4 teasp of garlic salt
1 TBSP sorghum molasses
1-2 heaping teasp of corn or potato starch
2 TBSP apricot preserves (or not at you like your sweet and salty)

pour the above mixture over your meat that is sizzling, add you veggies of choice:
mushrooms
broccoli
sugar snap peas
bamboo
water chestnuts
bean sprouts
(really whatever makes you happy)
for my kids I used our staple frozen peas and carrots


Cook until you like how the veggies look...

Pour the meat, veggie, and sauce mixture over the rice that you already made...Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment