Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homemade Larabars

Okay, so snacks have become the biggest problem in Charlotte's eating overhaul.  I have spent the most amount of money in this area.  You can make scratch meals more easily, I think, than making snacks that look like everyone else's...

The costs are what's making me more desperate to find my options.  In my joy about Larabars, I posted about them on Facebook...and a friend posted this link up for me:  Oh, She Glows offers homemade options...and they turned out brilliantly.

I even packaged them individually for snack travels...I am going to have to find a short-cut for that one...it took longer to wrap them than to make them.

I then realized that it was more a proportional thing than a real recipe per se so I experimented with it am came out with this:

Almond Honey Bars*
1 cup of dates (no pits!)
1/2 cup of quick oats
2/3 cup of raw almonds
2 TBSP almond butter
2 TBSP honey

Throw everything in a cuisinart chop/mix it.  To me, it tastes very Baklava-y...delicious!!

*These are "-ish" measurements, I am not a scientific cooker...you will know it came out right, if  you can take a pinch out and mold it into a ball...



No comments:

Post a Comment