Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chili Time Options

I can totally live on chili from October til March...and here are some recipes...

Chili
1-2 lb deer meat, or lean turkey or hamburger
1 bag of dried red kidney beans
2 cans of diced organic tomatoes (Or just diced tomatoes!)
3-4 TBSP of chili powder
1-2 TSP cinnamon
1 can organic tomato paste or tomato soup
Water to your pleasure, do you like it soup-y or stew-y? 1/2- 2 cups of water...
opt: jalepenos, corn, black beans
Brown hamburger, cook beans, mix and season, allow to simmer or put in a crock pot.



White Tex-Mex Chili
1 bag of northern beans or navy beans
4 chicken breast halves, diced
black beans (I used one can when I made this, I added this on a whim, I'd probably add 1/4 to 1/2 bag of dried black beans)
half a small bag of frozen corn kernals
1can chicken broth
1-2 TBSP of Fajita or Taco Seasoning (I'm still hunting the perfect homemade mix, but as yet, Charlotte has not reacted to McCormick Taco Seasoning)

Oh, and Quaker Corn Bread or chips are great with these...

No comments:

Post a Comment