Monday, March 5, 2012

Scratch Stroganoff

I love stroganoff.  It was a staple, thanks to Hamburger Helper when we first got married.  But in our diet overhaul and Charlotte's allergies, Hamburger Helper is no longer our friend.  And so I decided to experiment on a whim this last week...and here is what I came up with...relying on how it smelled and tasted on the spoon.

Brown lean beef or deer meat
Cook some whole wheat egg noodles

In a seperate pot mix up 2 cups beef broth, sea salt to taste, minced onions (I like dried, but whatever floats your boat), about 1/2 a bottled Guiness, and 1-2 tablespoons potato starch...and let it cool a smidge and add about a cup of precooked dry or canned navy (or northern) beans...

Right before you serve it throw a little plain Greek yogurt on it and mix it up right before you serve it and you seriously can't tell the difference from anything I've had before.  According to my 13 year old son, if you leave out the Greek yogurt, it tastes like Krystals...if that kind of thing appeals to you!!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment