Thursday, June 27, 2013

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

Another, "Hmmm, I can't decide what I want, ooh!  Coconut!!" recipe.

I really wanted Oatmeal cookies, and went scrounging for ingredients.  I found everything, but I was short on oats...and found some coconut and molasses while I was digging and thought that sounded pretty awesome mixed in!  And stumbled onto craisens and white chocolate...so, here is the final list:

1/2 cup (1 stick of butter) softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 granulated suger (just the regular stuff or you can use raw)
2 eggs
1 teasp of vanilla (generous)
1 and 1/2 cups of all purpose flower (I used whole wheat)
1 teasp of baking soda
1 teasp of cinnamon (heaping)
1/2 teasp of salt
I like molasses, so I added some...probably 2-3 tablespoons
2 cups dry quick oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup Ghiradelli white chocolate chips
1 cup craisens


Throw everything in a bowl, in stages

Mix well

Spoon out onto a cookie sheet

Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment